Fire Risk Assessment
Do you own or manage commercial property in Egerton, Manchester or Lancashire? The location doesn’t matter, as a Responsible Person in the eyes of the law, you have to conduct routine fire risk assessments. The assessment will help you to identify sources of ignition, such as oxygen tanks and fuel, identify people at risk, and take prudent action to ensure that your premises are free of fire hazards.
Carrying out fire risk assessments can be a daunting prospect, especially if you have no experience in fire safety.
KJ Fire Safety specialises in fire risk assessments to ensure that our clients are fully compliant with regulations. If you want to ensure your employees’ safety and prevent loss of lives and loss of property, give us a call to discuss your options.
Do I Need a Fire Risk Assessment?
A fire can result in personal injury and damage to property. Fire risk assessments are crucial to mitigate the risk of fires, legal suits, costs, and disruption to your business operations. In addition to safety and cost prevention, you also have to follow a contingency plan to ensure legal compliance, specifically with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order of 2005.
According to Manchester regulations, you need a fire risk assessment and to maintain a fire management plan if you:
– Employ more than five people,
– Own or manage licensed premises
– Are subject to an alterations notice
Fire risk assessments have to completed thoroughly and systematically. If you don’t have sufficient experience and knowledge to carry out a complete fire assessment by yourself, you need the professional services from an assessor like KJ Fire Safety.
How Can KJ Fire Safety Help?
KJ Fire Safety offers complete fire risk assessment solutions in Manchester. Our services are geared towards:
– Establishing a relationship with you as Responsible Person
– Ensuring that your building is safe
– Helping you comply with the legal obligations of the Fire Safety Order
As part of our fire risk assessment services, we will:
– conduct a thorough site survey and
– formulate a fire safety management plan
During the site survey, we will identify:
– Potential sources of ignition, fuel, and oxygen
– People and areas that are at risk
– Potential building hazards
– Lacking fire safety procedures
We will also assess:
– The quantity and condition of existing safety equipment
– Existing fire training and drill procedures
– Safety signs and notices on your building
– Your fire detection measures and alarms
– Safety escape routes in your building
After completing the fire risk assessment, we will furnish you with PAS 79:2012 Fire Risk Assessment checklist as well as our findings, including potential ignition sources and an assessment performance indicator. We will also provide you with a list of recommendations to ensure fire safety and compliance with all relevant regulations.
After receiving our assessment, you can give us the go-ahead to carry out the necessary installations, maintenance, staff training, and emergency services to ensure that you meet all regulatory requirements.
Contact KJ Fire Safety today to schedule a complete fire risk assessment at your premises.